The CYCABC holds a number of events and professional development training opportunities throughout the year. We strive to keep our training:
RELEVANT | cutting-edge education to further your social services career beyond the classroom and well into the field!
AFFORDABLE | Most events are priced fairly so that your budget doesn’t have to suffer for good learning opportunities!
ACCESSIBLE | We endeavour to hold events in every area of the Province (Vancouver Island, Metro Vancouver, Okanagan have all been well-represented by membership! We would love to have you be a local champion and connect with us.
Some examples of previous involvement:
- Talk-a-Latte Come and enjoy a coffee and conversation – the coffee is on us! Intriguing conversations on professionalization of the field, self-care, workplace transitions & whatever is on your mind
- Thank a Youth Worker Day – held annually in May
- Affordable and Accessible Workshops and Training for staff teams – usually free for members!
- Professional Development
- Advocacy for Child and Youth Care interests regionally and provincially – many of our members sit on committees and tables for other youth-serving organizations.
- Professional Networking and Social events
- Annual General Meeting + Conference
- Transitions & Transformations 2018 Child and Youth Care Conference
Meet and connect with other Child and Youth Care practitioners from across town or across the province! Do you
have an idea for a training or social event? Connect with us here.
CYCABC AGM May 2018 – to be held in June 2018 – Date & Time TBD